Proost Ventures is a specialist Strategy Consulting and Turnaround Advisory boutique, differentiating itself through its expertise in complex business situations that require a combination of skills, oftentimes so called "special situations".
- Size: mid-sized and (divisions of) large companies
- Geography: companies with a presence or some connection to the UK or Benelux
- Sectors: expertise in Financial Services, (Renewable) Energy, Food, Industrial, Retail, Healthcare
- Private Equity, family-owned companies, divisions of publicly-listed companies, government
Clients approaching us often face the following challenges
- Profitable but shrinking core business with increasing (shareholder) desire / pressure to deliver next source of growth
- Declining sales and margins, potentially caused by new aggressive (foreign) competitors
- Salesforce incentivized by volume targets with limited margin information
- Incoherent pricing structure in different geographies, often by lack of central information and / or co-ordination
- Rigid cost structure, with a desire to streamline but lacking the resources (human and / or financial) to execute such change
- Fragmented production sites (often as a result from past acquisitions which remain un-integrated) leading to inefficient production cost
- Capital re-allocation and need for external capital: need to divest business units to raise capital and / or need for additional external capital to invest in remaining core business
- Gradually worsening of cash-flow situation with lending banks becoming increasingly nervous and intrusive
- Growth ambitions but insufficient confidence to overcome risk, incomplete insight on best options, or insufficient internal expertise to execute growth
It is our mission to be unequivocally focused on maximizing value of our clients, both by preserving value where it is at risk and by delivering the full potential of expansion. In order to do so, we align our interests to those of our clients.
Benefits to our clients
- Full realistic transparency on both the magnitude of problems and on solutions
- No partial advice requiring multiple advisors, but instead a complete solution: strategy, business plan, execution of the plan
- No reports or studies, but results delivered with a track record of delivering success in difficult circumstances
- Deep expertise in successfully steering through high-pressure fast-pace change situations
Founder - Stijn Proost
- Prior to founding Proost Ventures, Stijn worked as Investment Director at AnaCap Financial Partners, a London-based specialist Private Equity Fund focused on investments in the EU Financial Services sector. At AnaCap, Stijn led several transactions, including the first-ever acquisition of a retail bank by a Private Equity Fund in the UK (Aldermore Bank). Prior to AnaCap, he worked as Senior Associate in the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs in London as part of the FIG-team, with a particular focus on Benelux banks and insurance M&A. Stijn started his career as a Management Consultant at Bain & Company, working amongst others on private equity due diligence assignments, cost effectiveness programs, and M&A transactions.
- Stijn holds a Master in Commercial Engineering (Magna Cum Laude) from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL) with a concentration in Finance, as well as an MBA (Magna Cum Laude) from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business with a concentration in Finance and Entrepreneurship.
- Stijn is an Honorary Fellow from the Belgian-American Educational Foundation (BAEF), an Ambassadorial Scholar from The Rotary Foundation, and was invited to become a Fulbright Scholar